With life today so hectic and daily demands on Americans adding more pressure and frustration, it is no wonder the consumer is desperately searching for great service and an excellent experience in all they do.
As more businesses and service providers are eager to win a competitive edge, gain insight into what their customers consider great service and what it takes for their business/service to be referred, the “bar” is being raised – and the customer is becoming the focus as never before.
What does “top bar service” look like? Having just taken a vacation with Tauck Tours (my second with them), it is interesting to note examples of their service model and what makes their tours outstanding. By the way they use no advertising and are a decades-old company that has grown by referral and repeat business only.
1) They do the “heavy lifting” and from the initial pick-up at the airport to delivery of bags to and from every hotel location Tauck has a seamless process and all coordinated without any snags or delays.
2) The tour is highly organized throughout and all information is given in a timely manner so all know what to be prepared for regarding dress, meals, activities.
3) The tour guides are skilled professionals and excellent presenters, interacting with the group to create a friendly, enjoyable time together.
4) Tauck partners with quality providers – coach/bus companies, hotels, limo services etc.- and has negotiated discounts, premiere service and special access for its tour members. For example, the hotels would have a discount at the spa for Tauck tour members and immediate access to the national parks is given for Tauck Tours, so any waiting time the typical visitor would encounter is avoided.
5) The Tauck tour guide provides nice little surprises throughout the tour – quality entertainment, snacks, local presenters to enhance the tour experience.
How would a five star real estate experience look?
Since most people move infrequently or for the first time, they don’t have a ready comparison with what would make for a great move – a “wow experience.” It is usually a given that most buyers and sellers want to purchase or sell at the best possible price in the shortest period of time with the least amount of inconvenience. Those unfamiliar with today’s real estate transaction don’t realize how complex the sales process has become over the years and what can go wrong. When things go wrong it can lead to delays in closing, additional costs and possibly a cancelled sale.
Let’s look at what we can look for in a move to feel that we just received that Tauck Tour level of service.
1) Great agents do the “heavy lifting” and are used to delivering that “top-bar” service.
They act as a true project manager or quarterback for your move, working harder, better and differently to ease the stress of moving. Many agents are transaction-oriented and do just the basics needed to complete the sale process. Often those average and below-average agents leave the myriad details of the move to others and just want to be notified of a closing date.
2) Agents with a mission to deliver top service to their buyers and sellers take the time to truly listen to your real estate goals and communicate with you throughout the process to keep you up-to-the minute with never a need to wonder “what is going on?”Also
great agents skillfully manage all those in the process – attorneys, title, movers, mortgage representatives, home inspectors to name a few; and are proactive and preemptive at recognizing what could become a problem, and provide timely solutions.
3)Top agents are skilled negotiators, excellent marketers and consummate problem solvers – with an outstanding track record of past sales and referrals. They are constantly trained and have the know-how to best advise and guide their buyers and sellers.
4) Excellent agents delivering a “wow” experience oversee your entire move from move out to move in, offering settling-in services after the move. Connecting new homeowners to local resources, organizations and professionals help new residents adapt more quickly to their new community.
5) These special agents may go above and beyond – ie. overseeing a repair process, introductions to the neighbors/welcoming party, help with utility connect/disconnect etc.
To find an agent able to work at this high level you would want to interview them on their track record of closed sales, service philosophy and percentage of business referred from satisfied buyers and sellers, noting testimonials.
So choose your agent wisely as you deserve a five star real estate experience – top bar service provided to help you accomplish your goals – a smooth, stress-free and profitable move!!
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Keller Williams Realty Landmark
Check Out Our September 2016 Blog! #KeitTeam #KellerWilliamsRealtyLandmark #QueensRealEstate #NYMetroRelocation